Admittedly I don’t get to the box office as much as I’d like yet ironically I have seen about 60% of the top movies of 2019. It clearly says a lot about the kind of movies I like to see. I’m definitely into seeing certain “types” of movies if I’m going to spend my cash at the theater. With films like Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Top Gun: Maverick, Godzilla vs. Kong, Bill & Ted Face the Music, Coming 2 America and more arriving in 2020, my goal for the new year is to try to keep up with pop culture and see a few more movies.
In case you were wondering, Disney owned the box office in 2019 as the info below shows.
Disney dominated movie theaters in 2019. They produced eight of the biggest money earners. This week, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker made enough — around $200 million — to enter the Top 10.
Warner Brothers released the other two films in the Top 10: Joker and IT Chapter Two. (Movie Web)
- Avengers: Endgame – $858 million (Disney)
- The Lion King – $544 million (Disney)
- Toy Story 4 – $434 million (Disney)
- Captain Marvel – $427 million (Disney)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – $390 million (Disney’s Marvel Studios)
- Frozen II – $374 million (Disney)
- Aladdin – $356 million (Disney)
- Joker – $333 million (Warner Bros.)
- IT Chapter Two – $212 million (Warner Bros.)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – $200 million (Disney)