Skip to content
- During this pandemic environment, it’s important to remember diversity in blood and platelet donations especially, for example, to meet the needs of Sickle Cell patients in our state and across the country.
- The Red Cross is encouraging eligible donors from communities of color to keep their scheduled donation appointments and to look for open appointments in the weeks ahead at redcrossblood.org.
- Red Cross volunteers are staffing remotely the SEOC and coordinating with local and state emergency management as well as community partners.
- Following an COVID-19 outbreak at the JBS plant in Worthington, the Red Cross is in communication with local plant and emergency partners to determine next steps to support families affected.
- The Red Cross continues providing home fire relief during this pandemic. For example, the Red Cross is supporting shelter, food, health and disaster mental health relief for 35 people displaced by a fire in Minneapolis on April 21.