Chris Stapleton was the big winner Wednesday night as the CMA Awards returned to Nashville. He won in four categories — Male Vocalist, Album, Single and Song of The Year. Luke Combs earned the coveted Entertainer of the Year trophy, and a very surprised Carly Pearce tearfully claimed her first Female Vocalist win.
Lionel Richie and Katy Perry surprised host Luke Bryan on stage to present the Song of the Year category then returned to introduce former American Idol Gabby Barrett’s performance.
Luke Combs also debuted a brand new song called “Doin’ This.”
- Entertainer of the Year: Luke Combs
- Male Vocalist of the Year: Chris Stapleton
- Female Vocalist of the Year: Carly Pearce
- Album of the Year: Starting Over – Chris Stapleton
- Vocal Group of the Year: Old Dominion
- Vocal Duo of the Year: Brothers Osborne
- New Artist of the Year: Jimmie Allen
- Single of the Year: “Starting Over” – Chris Stapleton
- Song of the Year: “Starting Over” – Chris Stapleton
- Musical Event of the Year: “Half of My Hometown” – Kelsea Ballerini featuring Kenny Chesney
- Music Video of the Year: “Half of My Hometown” – Kelsea Ballerini featuring Kenny Chesney
- Musician of the Year: Jenee Fleanor
- International Artist Achievement Award: Keith Urban