Skip to content
What’s Going On In Country Music!
Great fashion at CMA Fest, Thomas Rhett harmonizes “Frozen” music, George Strait and Chris Stapleton performed together, Dolly Parton is a COVID philanthropist, and Garth Brooks on his last stadium tour!
- There was great music at last night’s “CMA Fest: The Music Event of the Summer”. So Forbes.com did a story about . . . the fashion? Pics include Carly Pearce and Wynonna Judd wearing something “sparkly”, Kelsea Ballerini in a jumpsuit, and Luke Combs in the usual, jeans and a Columbia fishing shirt.
- George Strait and Chris Stapleton performed Tom Petty’s 1994 hit “You Wreck Me“ at their show in Kansas City, Missouri on Saturday.
- Thomas Rhett posted a video of himself using a toy karaoke machine to sing a Disney classic. He harmonized with original performers Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel on the “Frozen” song, “For the First Time in Forever”. Happens when you have four daughters.
- Dolly Parton gave $1 million to fund coronavirus research in 2020, and it helped scientists come up with the Moderna vaccine. Now she’s being honored for it. She’ll receive the Carnegie Medal of Philanthropy at a private ceremony in New York this October.
- Garth Brooks says this is his last stadium tour. He’ll continue to do shows, but things will be less structured. He’ll “pick spots” here and there but they won’t be “clustered as a tour.”